Heavy on Fashion talks to The Creator of Haus of Rimmy - Ramin Jaswal





Hello, all my fashion divas and gurus! I am so happy to bring you another fabulous designer. Ramin Jaswal is the creator and designer of Haus of Rimmy. Haus of Rimmy was established in 2015 in Vancouver, Canada.  Ramin combines western culture with Indian flare. Haus of Rimmy empowers women to show her inner bombshell to the world. 

So without further ado, here is 
Heavy on Fashion talks to The Creator of Haus of Rimmy - Ramin Jaswal



Heavy on fashion: Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background?  What do you like to do in your free time besides being an entrepreneur?

Ramin JaswalMy name is Ramin Jaswal.  I grew up in a small town called Port Alberni, just off the coast of BC on Vancouver Island. I don’t often have a lot of time for free time, but when I do get it I like to relax, catch up with friends and family, take a trip to the mall, watch movies and eat good food.


Heavy on fashion: So let's talk about the Haus of Rimmy collection. How did it start?

Ramin JaswalOwning my own fashion line has always been a dream of mine.  For the past 10 years, I found ways to submerge myself into the industry.  I promised myself during freshman year that I would do something that didn’t feel like work.  I wanted a job that made me feel excited to wake up in the morning.  Fashion was the only thing that I never got bored of.


Heavyonfashion: What makes Haus of Rimmy unique from other lines in the industry?

Ramin JaswalMy pieces are unique because they make a statement without being too over the top.  It’s a classic collection that works for several different body shapes and sizes.


Heavyonfashion: How would you define the style your line exemplifies?

Ramin JaswalA blend of Indian culture and western style; a unique flare that is on-trend with what women want and crave.


Heavyonfashion: Where do you get your inspiration for the Haus of Rimmy collection?

Ramin JaswalI’m a big fan of mood boards.  I find inspiration within multiple areas of my life; photos that I take, a piece of history I read about, or even a song that I listen to.  Music is a big part of my life.  Sometimes when I listen to it, I envision a certain personality or character and ideas just start flowing.


Heavyonfashion: What do you hope to have achieved in the industry, 10 years from now? 

Ramin JaswalI want to be present and known among major buyers and media outlets.  Eventually, I want to see Haus of Rimmy as a self-sustaining brand. I want it to be a brand women gravitate towards when they want to treat themselves or invest in a great piece; whether it be for a party, date or that power meeting at work. 



Heavyonfashion: So let's talk about your journey venturing into your own business. 

Ramin JaswalA lot went into it.  I always wanted my own line and have been prepping to create it my entire life.  I went to school for business and consider that part of my journey, but the real backbone of my business came from conceptualizing my vision and constructing the actual pieces.


Heavyonfashion: Name one of most impactful events that help you start your entrepreneur career? 

Ramin JaswalFor years I would make excuses like I need to take another business class or need to work at an office job one more year before I can venture on my own. It wasn’t a particular event that accelerated my need to start, it was more like a thirst to do it and a realization of how much time had passed that I had been waiting to do it. I remember it was my birthday and I thought to myself, I have so many things to be grateful for. But there’s still something missing, and that night I promised myself in one year I would launch my brand. No excuses I would take all the planning I had done and fully execute it. I was craving the passion, which people have when they love what they are doing and I always knew it was for fashion. 


Heavyonfashion: What is your favorite part about being an entrepreneur?

Ramin JaswalIts an exciting thing, venturing on your own like an adventure in a way.  You’re constantly learning new things. I was always the type of person who would get bored in class reading, I’m alive when I’m doing. Being an entrepreneur is all about finding ways to get it done and marching to your own drum. I love the sense of control you get, being able to build something from the ground up. It’s a constant evolution, whether it being technology or trend adaptability or just the design aspects alone; it's always changing which I love. 



Heavyonfashion: What advice would your give a future entrepreneur?

Ramin JaswalWhatever it is that you want to pursue, make sure you are passionate about it. Believe it. Don’t allow anyone’s doubts affect you. You must protect your ideas. Be open to people challenging your ideas, that’s how you will evolve, but don’t let anyone break you down. It is all about moving forward. Educate yourself, plan, but be ready to take calculated risks. When all else fails, trust your gut. 


Heavyonfashion: Where can my fashion divas and gurus purchase your products?

Ramin JaswalThe latest collection can be viewed on the Haus of Rimmy’s website, http://www.hausofrimmy.com.
Stay tuned for opportunities to purchase pieces. 


Heavyonfashion: Finally, what does fashion mean to you?

Ramin JaswalFashion means expression, which is power.  Through expression especially visually you can transform people, and how others see them. Whether it's a message you wish to convey or an emotion you wish to evoke. I think it is so powerful that you could make a piece of clothing like a dress and make a woman look sexy or look wistful or frightening powerful. So much can be done through fashion, it truly is powerful. 


Comments