Heavy on fashion reads - The Bloody Shoe Affair by Joy York

100_0421


Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! As you all know, I love books. I am a huge book worms so when I received The Bloody Shoe Affair by Joy York to review on Heavy on Fashion, I was excited. As a young kid in the 90's, I loved Nancy Drew novels and any mystery books for that matter.  So when I first cracked open, The Bloody Show Affair was suspecting a Nancy Drew type of novel. I am happy to say, I received so much more much more. 


The Bloody Shoe Affair is set in 1968 about a shy teenager named Christi who visits her charismatic seeking Lily in Roselyn, Mississippi. Lily is a jailer's daughter and a great sense of adventure. Though this book focuses around a mysterious pair of bloody shoes found at a murder scene, it also about Christi coming into her own. In one summer, two girls learned how strong and brave they could be. I don't want to give too much away but it was filled with action, suspense, and teenage hijinks that are laugh out loud funny. I also found myself reflecting on my own teenage experiences though not that as excited as The Bloody Shoe Affair. 

I also loved that Joy used her real life childhood experience to find inspiration of The Bloody Shoe Affair. It gives a great and realistic feel to the novel. This book gives a real look at finding and exposing oneself to new experiences.   If you have a mystery novel lover and you need to buy a gift for the holidays, I would suggest adding The Bloody Show affair.  It is a great read for any age.

Make sure you check out Joy York website at http://www.joyyork.com/

You can pick out a copy of The Bloody Shoe Affair at http://www.barnesandnoble.com


Comments