Heavy on Fashion Talks to Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux
Photo Curtesy of Dur Doux

Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! I am so happy to bring you another exclusive interview of with a great talent in the fashion industry, Najla Burt of Dur Doux. Najla Burt  is a graduate of Parsons the New School for Design with a degree in Fashion Design. With a degree from the prestigous Parsons, Najla develop a hot new collection called Dur Doux.  Dur Doux is a NY based Womens Ready To Wear brand full of wearable yet avant-garde piece. I love the mixture of hard and soft textures with dymantic use of pattern textiles. 

Dur Doux is full of great looks and serious style, so I am so happy to bring you
Heavy on fashion talks to Najla Burt of Dur Doux



Dur Doux’s latest collection, SSR15 / Urban Biota
Photo courtesy of Dur Doux


What was the first article of clothing you ever designed?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux:The first article of clothing I ever designed was a cerulean blue princess dress.

When did you realize you wanted to become a fashion designer?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux: I realized I wanted to become a fashion designer when I took an illustration class while working in Washington, DC. My instructor was so inspiring and he allowed me to explore different techniques in illustration. I thought at that moment, I want to translate my illustrations into real garments that women can wear. I want to see my ideas really come to life.


Dur Doux’s latest collection, SSR15 / Urban Biota 
Photo courtesy of Dur Doux


Where do you get your inspiration?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux:My inspiration for my collection comes from films, art and the different countries I visit around the world.


How long does it usually take you to construct a piece?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux:It usually takes one week to create a simple top and usually two weeks for complicated garments like blazers and coats. 


Dur Doux’s latest collection, SSR15 / Urban Biota 
Photo courtesy of Dur Doux


What are some of your proudest accomplishments as a designer?


Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux: Some of my proudest accomplishments as a designer happened when my label was featured in British Vogue and British Elle Magazine. My second proudest accomplishment as a designer is the day I completed my first collection, Dark Fiction. After working for other famous designers, and deciding I wanted my own label it was remarkable to me that I had actually launched my first collection and it was so well received. 


Dur Doux’s latest collection, SSR15 / Urban Biota 
Photo courtesy of Dur Doux


What matters to you most as a fashion designer?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux: What matters to me most as a designer is to create clothing that makes a woman feel strong, empowered and sexy all at the same time. I feel women have so many roles in life such as a mother, a wife, an executive, etc. I want my clothing to allow a woman to feel that she can be anything she chooses at any given moment.



If they had the chance to dress *anyone* who would it be.. who do they think is the most stylish person around?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux: If I could dress anyone in the world it would be Rhianna! Rhianna thinks Posh Spice is very stylish!


Dur Doux’s latest collection, SSR15 / Urban Biota 
Photo courtesy of Dur Doux



Describe the Dur Doux woman?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux: The typical Dur Doux woman is self-aware and has a discerning appetite for fashion. She constantly seeks to uncover and wear fresh designs and has an insatiable demand for exciting new fashion looks that build her personal brand and distinguishes her in a highly competitive social and work environment.  She is into buying clothes that make her feel pretty and flatter her body. 

She stays true to her own style and seeks well-constructed clothing that has interesting fabrications and details. When she goes shopping brands must fit her look, rather than the other way around. She enjoys mixing expensive brand name pieces with affordable clothing.  She loves beautiful, hip shoes and is always beautifully accessorized, whether it is a great bag or jewelry. She will never wear a total look from a designer. She prefers to mix and match and be creative.  She is a Dur Doux woman willing to take risks in her clothing choices in a sophisticated way.



Dur Doux’s latest collection, SSR15 / Urban Biota 
Photo courtesy of Dur Doux


Where can readers find out more about you and your work?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux: Readers can visit my website at www.durdoux.com to find out more about me and my work.




Finally, What does fashion mean to you?

Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux: Fashion should be an outlet of expression. It should allow you to be anything you want at any given moment, whether that is audacious, or jaw-dropping. Overall fashion should allow you to always remain true to yourself.  


I would like to thank Najla Burt Creator of Dur Doux for this exclusive interview
Be sure to check out the Dur Doux collection at http://www.durdoux.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/durdoux
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DurDoux

Until Next Time
Live, Style, Write
Malanb

Comments

Popular Posts