Heavy on Fashion talks to Frankito

Hello all my fashion divas and gurus! I had the chance to talk to a great up and coming actor/model Frankito better known as Frankito the Model. With a progressing career in acting, modeling, and music Frankito the Model will be a name to know in the industry. Here an exclusive interview with Frankito the Model.

Photo courtesy of Tayhyira Savanna Inc.

Heavy on Fashion: How did you get ino modeling?

Frankito:A friend of mines stopped me one day and said "Hey, you should be on TV".  It was pretty much from since then I took a couple photos and Frankito The Model was born.  

Heavy on Fashion:What are your current modeling campaign are you?

Frankito:I am currently a spokesmodel for Hardcore Physique Apparel  https://www.facebook.com/HardcorePhysique?ref=ts

Photo courtesy of Tayhyira Savanna Inc.


Heavy on Fashion:What was the motivation to be in the fashion industry?

Frankito: My motivation is my dreams of becoming an actor, that is where my true passion is.  Still photography and motion picture sort of go hand in hand for me.  I like to be able to portray emotions that can be captured in so many different ways.  Fashion is also very fun and always changing.  Its fun trying new looks and styles.

Heavy on Fashion: Now lets talk about being your acting career. How did you get into acting?What other projects are you working on?

Frankito: After the photoshoot I did initially, my manager thought I should get head shots done as well.  She submitted it just to see what would happen and they wanted me for a short film that was shooting in Brooklyn at the time.  I got to the set and fell in love with the whole film process.  Its is hard work do not get me wrong and it requires patience.  It also sparked my interest in directing and producing my own projects.  I like to use my imagination A LOT and with film you get to do that everyday.  I've worked on several music videos that will be released later this season.  I actually did some green screen work which was really different and fun to shoot.  I am currently auditioning just about anywhere and everywhere.

Photo courtesy of Tayhyira Savanna Inc.


Heavy on Fashion: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? What steps are you making to make your vision to be a reality?What advice would you give someone going into the industry?

Frankito: I am currently auditioning just about anywhere and everywhere and in 5 years I hope to be filming bigger budget films.  Anyone that wants to be an actor/model or anything for that matter because I think this is just how life works, believe in yourself, work extremely hard everyday to make whatever dream you have come true, never lose hope or doubt yourself, surround yourself with people that will uplift you and never give up.  Dreams can change but they never go away.  I believe that hard work always pays off.
Heavy on Fashion: If you had a chance what would you change about the industry?

Frankito: I honestly think that it is changing as we speak.  I have only been in the industry about one year and a few months and I have had the opportunity to do so much.  I think because the use of social media and the resources on the internet, it is easier to find gigs or find a photographer that will work with you.  I do think there should be more diversity when it comes to race and ethnicity.  I think as a minority I have an advantage being a male Latino but there aren't that many projects available. 

Photo courtesy of Tayhyira Savanna Inc.

Heavy on Fashion: Where can readers find out more about you and your work?

Frankito:You can check out my website www.callmefrankito.com and my blog www.callmefrankito.tumblr.com.  All of my work can be found on my YouTube page www.youtube.com/TheTasterisk (Tahyira Savanna Inc Channel on YouTube).  I am also on Twitter and like to connect with fans there (@frankito2_0)


Comments